The Executive Committee (ExCo) brings together 13 external experts at least six times per year to pass decisions on the award of contracts and grants on behalf of F4E and to comment on high level documents relating to the organisation.
The ExCo prepares Governing Board decisions and carries out any other tasks which the Governing Board may delegate to it. In particular it:
- approves the award of contracts exceeding EUR 10 million and grants exceeding EUR 4 million;
- comments on draft ITER Procurement Arrangements and overall strategies for delivering ITER procurement packages;
- approves individual procurement strategy and individual calls for tender of proposals in advance of major contracts and grants;
- comments and makes recommendations on the project plan, work programmes, resource estimates plan, annual budget and accounts;
- submits to the Governing Board decisions on the awarding of contracts or any other decisions entrusted to it.
The Chair of the Executive Committee is appointed by the Governing Board for a period of two years, renewable once. The ExCo Chair also participates in the meetings of the Governing Board.
Mrs Lisbeth Skovsgaard Grønberg was elected by the Governing Board Chair for a term of two years effective 1 July 2011.
Mrs Lisbeth Skovsgaard Grønberg, Chair of the
The ExCo comprises 13 members appointed by the Governing Board from among persons of recognised standing and professional experience in scientific, technical and financial matters. One member of the ExCo is Euratom. The ExCo members have to be independent in the performance of their duties, acting in the general interest of the Fusion for Energy. The members of the Ex Co are appointed by the Governing Board for a period of two years, renewable once.
The current list of members (January 2013)
The Fusion for Energy Executive Committee