Put the energy into your future career!
Apply for a traineeship at Fusion for Energy!
Enrolment deadline 26/04/2017 at noon Barcelona time
Process and Organisational Improvement - POI
Communications and Stakeholder Relations
Knowledge Management – Contracts & Procurement
Instrumentation and Control
Project Performance Management
What´s in it for you?
F4E´s traineeships programme aims to promote awareness, knowledge and understanding of F4E's role in the ITER project and within the European context, as well as to provide training to university graduates – in the field of nuclear engineering, physics, administration and communication.
The traineeship is paid and lasts from four to nine months with F4E in any of the three sites: Barcelona (Spain), Cadarache (France), or Garching (Germany), with
an intake in October .
If you are selected, you have the opportunity to get hands-on experience in an exciting international and multicultural environment. This can be an important enrichment for your future career.
What does the traineeship offer?
- A chance to put academic theory into practice
- Practical experience – to play a part in F4E´s day-to-day business
- An opportunity to contribute to F4E’s mission.
- A monthly allowance of around 1 000 EUR and reimbursement of travel expenses
- Two days of holidays per month
What's the work like?
Trainees can work in all Departments of F4E. The content of the job largely depends on the area you are assigned to. You may work in the field of plasma physics, nuclear engineering, law, human resources etc. Your daily work will mainly consist of preparation of reports, calculations, design and analytical tasks, compilation of statistical data, execution of operational tasks, and participation in ad hoc studies, among other tasks.
What kind of profiles are we looking for?
F4E is made up of people with different professional backgrounds working for one mission. The types of profiles that we are looking for are:
- Engineers and Physicists (specialised in nuclear engineering, metrology, diagnostics, computer science, magnets, remote handling etc.)
- Experts in human resources, finance, procurement
What do we expect from you?
- To contribute to our everyday work with a fresh point of view and up-to-date academic knowledge;
- Openness and willingness to learn more about European matters;
- Willingness to learn about the working methods of European institutions;
- A proactive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Your ability to work full-time
Who can apply?
The traineeship programme is open to university graduates who are nationals of one of the Member States of the European Union or Switzerland and who have a:
- University degree of at least 3 years of study (minimum a bachelor’s degree);
- Very good knowledge of English, the main working language of F4E.
Applications will not be accepted from candidates who:
- Have already benefited from any kind of in-service training within a European institution or body, or
- Who have had or have any kind of employment within a European institution or body.
It is definitely not a “coffee and copies” internship. From day one you get tasks with real responsibility and you become an equal team member. -
Since I studied Energetic and Nuclear Engineering, I thought that the job was a perfect match for me…and it is! -Ruggero, Codes and Analysis
The F4E Traineeship is a great learning opportunity. To be honest, it is even a bit more difficult than I thought. -
I know what is expected from me and what the timescales for my projects are. -
Roberto, Remote Handling
What really strikes me here is that people are extremely open and helpful. - Jivko, Legal Services
I have always wanted to do a traineeship abroad and I was extremely happy when F4E offered me this opportunity. - Monika, Human Resources
F4E is a culturally and professionally diverse agency, and getting exposed to such an environment helps me develop both hard and soft skills. -
Alisandru, Market Intelligence