Director and Staff
The Director is the chief executive officer of Fusion for Energy and is
responsible for its day-to-day management.
The Director is the chief executive officer responsible for the day-to-day
management of F4E and its legal representative. The Director appoints and
manages the staff working in the organisation. In addition the Director:
Johannes Schwemmer, Director of F4E
- draws up the project plan, resource estimates plan, work programmes, annual
budgets, staff establishment plan and staff policy plan;
- implements the work programmes and the budget, keeps the inventory and draws up
the annual accounts;
- defines the organisational structure of 'Fusion for Energy';
- ensures the application of sound financial management and internal controls;
- draws up rules on intellectual property rights and industrial policy, and on the
dissemination of information;
- draws up the annual activity report and any other reports requested by the
governing Board or Executive Committee;
- assists the Governing Board, the Executive Committee and any subsidiary bodies
by providing their secretariat;
- draws up rules for making human resources available for ITER the Broader
By decision of the Governing Board dated 6 October 2015, Johannes Schwemmer has been appointed Director effective as of 1 January 2016.
The Director takes part in the meetings of the Governing Board,
Executive Committee and Technical Advisory Panel.
The staff of F4E are appointed by the Director and contribute to the execution
of the organisation’s duties. They are generally nationals of the Members of the
Joint Undertaking and are subject to the
Staff Regulations of Officials and the Conditions of Employment of other
Servants of the European Communities .
F4E seeks highly specialised and qualified staff to work at the cutting edge
of fusion technology at its offices in Barcelona.
If you are interested in working at F4E, please consult the "Career