The TAP assists the Governing Board and Director in particular by:
- Preparing opinions and recommendations on the objectives and content of project plans, work programmes and their possible revisions;
- Monitoring the technical implementation of the project plans and work programmes and providing reports to the Governing Board at appropriate intervals;
- Promoting coherence with the activities of the Associations, in particular within the frame of the EUROfusion;
- Providing advice or recommendations on specific engineering, scientific and technological issues upon request of the Director or the Governing Board;
- Performing any other functions as may be delegated to the Scientific Programme Board by the Governing Board.
Chair & Vice-Chair
On 10 th December 2019, the Governing Board appointed Dr. Radomir Panek as Chair of the TAP and Ms. Elena Gaio as Vice-Chair for a term of two years from 1 January 2020.
The TAP is composed of 13 members appointed by the GB from among persons of recognised standing and professional experience in engineering, scientific and technical matters relevant to ITER, the Broader Approach and DEMO. Each member is appointed for a term of two years renewable.
The following General Declarations of Interest are prepared in accordance with the Governing Board’s decision of 09 June 2015 concerning Confidentiality, Independence, Preventing and Managing Conflicts of Interest and subject to this Specific Privacy Notice.
Jean Pierre Friconneau
Responsible officer for Nuclear & System Engineering project ITER Test Blanket Module Development, CEA-IRFM, Cadarache
Assistant Professor in the Physics Department
Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de LisboaPortugal
Manager of Cooperation TriPla Consortium, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Institute for Astroparticle Physics (IAP)