- High-resolution encoders to view inside ITER’s Vacuum Vessel in productionF4E and Micronor develop first-of-a-kind equipment to help with the inspection of the biggest fusion device.
- How to measure how much radiation is emitted by the ITER plasma?Bolometer sensors will detect the radiation produced inside the vacuum vessel to control the plasma. F4E is testing two kinds of prototype sensors for ITER.
- European production of ITER first wall panels startsF4E signs contracts with two consortia to shield the vessel from the super-hot plasma.
- European success for another Inner-Vertical Target prototypeReady to conduct high heat flux tests on the component by Research Instruments.
- Europe’s Inner Vertical Target prototype passes all factory acceptance testsF4E together with Ansaldo Nucleare, ENEA, Walter Tosto deliver a first-of-a-kind ITER component.
- Europe is ready to produce a new series of ITER Divertor CassettesF4E gives the go ahead to SIMIC-CNIM consortium to start manufacturing.