- How to measure how much radiation is emitted by the ITER plasma?Bolometer sensors will detect the radiation produced inside the vacuum vessel to control the plasma. F4E is testing two kinds of prototype sensors for ITER.
- Europe delivers equipment for ITER Vacuum Vessel diagnosticsSgenia produces first batch of assemblies for magnetic sensors.
- How to carry the diagnostic signals from the ITER Vacuum Vessel outsideF4E and IDOM develop the final design of feedthroughs.
- How will engineers monitor the plasma performance of ITER?Cables connecting 1200 sensors are in production.
- F4E signs Diagnostics Engineering Services contractThe engineering company AVS will assess F4E’s on-going Diagnostics design works in terms of manufacturing feasibility, cost and risks.19.07.2019
- First design of Diagnostics “cable gatekeeper” approvedThe first design of the feedthroughs which will work as the “gatekeeper” for the cables between the inside of ITER’s Vacuum Vessel to the outside wall is now approved.03.04.2019